10 Tips From a Millionaire on How to Get Rich!
Would you take advice from a rich person on how to get on top and stay there?
Top-10 Donald Trump tips to get to the top --and stay there:
(excerpted from the book: "Trump: How to Get Rich")
10. Dress for your culture. The way we dress says a lot about us before we ever say a word. The "look" in Beverly Hills may be attractive, but that same look may be met with scorn on Wall St.
9. Let your guard down, but only on purpose. Offer a calculated nugget of information, or a provocative opinion to see what the reaction will be.
8. Be your own financial advisor.
7. Sometimes you will still have to screw them. For many years, I've said that if someone screws you, screw them back. I once made the mistake of saying that in front of a group of priests who were in an audience of 2-thousand people. I took some heat for that.
6. The art of the hair. I'm often criticized for the way I comb my hair. I think it looks good, but I've never said hair was my strongest point. The answer, for the record, is emphatically and categorically no: I do not wear a rug. My hair is 100 percent mine.
5. Avoid the handshake whenever possible. It is a terrible practice. It's a medical fact that this is how germs are spread. I wish we could follow the Japanese custom of bowing instead.
4. Go with your gut. Being an entrepreneur is not a group effort. You have to trust yourself. There are inexplicable signs that can guide you to --or away from-- certain deals and certain people.
3. Be optimistic, but always be prepared for the worst. There are a lot of ups and downs, but you can ride them out if you're prepared.
2. Pay attention to the details. If you don't know every aspect of what you're doing, you're setting yourself up for some unwelcome surprises.
1. Get a prenuptial agreement. Remember, there's nothing wrong with common sense.
* Do you feel rich yet?